Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First week and a half of Practicum



The first week and a half of practicum has gone by before my eyes. I have learned so much already and I'm realizing that it will all be over at Frontier Middle School before I know it. I really enjoy the class and my cooperating teacher. I think it has been a great experience so far. I really think that the first day I taught has been much different than today. I have learned so much and developed more confidence and character through teaching. The whole class respects me for the most part. I won't say that they always respect me, but they do for the most part. It feels good to have control of the class at time. My cooperating teacher leaves the room more and more and the students look to me as a real teacher. This will be true one day.

When I become a teacher I can't forget my training. All the lessons and the ideas that are used in this time of my training will be useful when I actually start teaching. My only question now is since it is so exhausting will I have the energy to do it every day for a whole school year. I believe I can do it, but only time will give me the chance and the answer to that concern.

I'm excited to finish this week and the next and give the students the test. I think they can all do it, but the students will have to try and continue to believe in me. I will continue to believe in them...

No comments:

Post a Comment