Friday, April 6, 2012

Griffin Creek Elementary 4/6/2012


Third graders, but not the usual. A different group of third graders. This group was much better than I saw them in the fall. They are very social and have minor behavior issues. However, if they are not changed then those little issues will become major ones when they enter the secondary schools. I'm concerned with a few students who need more attention and encouragement, yet with such big class sizes how can a teacher will make a big enough impact. Worth mentioning is that the teacher of this group has done a fantastic job, if the teacher had half as many students the improvements and growth would be probably twice as great. As sad as it is to see class sizes enlarging it is also sad to see populations reaching 8 billion soon. They need more schools and more teachers which means more teachers. As a substitute looking for a full time position I would like to see more schools and more jobs. However, in order to accomplish that the state needs more funding which means more tax money that most families don't want to give. I cannot blame them, but in order for our youth to be successful and thrive in a difficult world they will need more attention and a better education.

Reduce class sizes would be my main issue with schools today.

What I'm very happy about it is it's Friday and that means no school for the weekend, but for me it doesn't matter becuase I have to work tomorrow as well. If I could get a summer teaching job and still work the farm it would be an awesome way for me to save. I'm looking forward to applying and doing interviews this spring. Maybe land a teaching job close to where I live. I'm full of enthusiasm for teaching and I'm ready to begin working with same school and students on an every day basis. If its in the cards then it will happen.

I will keep my head up!

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment