Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 18th 2013 Mac

Today concludes another week. Only 15 days left and yet, I feel like there is so much to do and I'm still not wanting the year to end.

The students I have met this year have been so awesome.  They look to me as a very serious and disciplined teacher.  I'm not the one they look to when they have problems and when they feel like sharing personal information.  This can be good in a few ways.  They look to me when they want to learn something new.  I don't pretend to be their doctors or their mothers.  I simply teach and make the expectation clear that I'm most interested in your learning.

As the year gets close to concluding I realize all the different hoops and issues I have come across.

1 - Coaching at NMHS - head of soccer program -
2 - 1st year of teaching social studies
3 - Completed the Glogster class
4 - Will complete the TCI before the classes are out for summer.


These are major achievements this year and something I should be very proud of.  At times I don't think we as people reflect on what we have done that has been a huge success.  Reasons for that are most likely we put so much time in the pre-work to reach these goals, we don't want to spend to much time thinking about them after.

As I reflect and think more about the upcoming years, I often ask myself.  When will I get to reach my goal of being a teacher? Years and years have passed I'm still not where i want to be, but I've climbed a few steps on a stair-case that has 100's of steps.  Each step I take, the closer I get to reaching those ultimate goals.

Remember to love what you do, and if your not happy change it!



No comments:

Post a Comment