Friday, June 8, 2012

McLoughlin Middle School 5/31/2012-6/1/2012

Teaching English is awesome. The issues that concerns me the most is that I have taken the LA test twice and both times come up short by a question or two. The third and final time should be a huge opportunity for me to pass it. Today in class the students were watching a movie and finishing up a test. Very simple, yet these two days were the hardest all month. The students refused to do what was asked and all had bad attitudes. So many issues had arisen and in the position I was in, helpless to say the least. There was nothing I could do and didn't have the backing to change anything. These two days I would like sooner to forget then anything else. On the other hand, a learning moment about what I don't want to happen in a classroom. The students took control and my lack of decisive discipline in the beginning created a student controlling atmosphere. Student centered, but teacher led is best. At the least, I learned... --Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment