Friday, June 8, 2012

McLoughlin Middle School 6/4/2012

The last week of school and everyone knows. The lack of focus by the students is something that teachers try to battle. I think I was unprepared for teaching this last week. The reasons are not that important, but since this is my blog I intend to share. 1. My student teaching ended May, thus I didn't observe the last week as a teacher. 2. My expectations hadn't changed. The atmosphere changes and everything gets lax. Knowing those two aspects would have made my life a lot better the last week, so I learned once again and this was a great experience. Next year I will be prepared and know what to do. The class assignment was for the students to discuss books with peers. I had a stop watch and monitored there time for each group and discussion. Watching the clock so that the students are in check. the only thing missing was a whistle. --Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment