Monday, November 21, 2011

Central Medford High School 11/21/11


I might have learned more today than I have in my past few experiences teaching. Maybe good role models and supervisors...maybe great students...maybe a open mind. A lot of possible variables go into a great learning day. I started to try and incorporate controlled emotion into the reading. I basically just thought of all the human emotions as colors and as I read put different emotions onto the content. It was fairly effective, but there were a couple of reflection points. First of all, the content dictates the emotion. Not the reader. The second important aspect to know that while you are incorporating a whole new mode of thinking into a singular style there is bound to be some confusion and chaos. I pulled it off, but the more practice I have with this double teaching style I think the amount of proficiency will sky rocket. I couldn't be more motivated to get a classroom of my own and begin diving in full force to build and immerse something lasting. A Substitute isn't able to really make an impact unless they are around the students every day. This unfortunate truth is something I continue to run across. In the future I plan to be full time and every day of subbing is not only a great learning experience and a chance to better my craft, but a real underlining truth that I need to be full time somewhere...for obvious reasons.



The second aspect I would like to consider is that I was able to watch a more experienced teacher than myself. He was intelligent and even enlightening. I thought the content was very relevant and not only down to earth, but rather connected with many problems that we have with our society and the news today. What a great teacher does is makes the classroom an extension of many bridges in students lives. Almost a island surrounded by by moat. Land circles the moat and there are many bridges that cross this moat. I think that the students are that outside land and they have to cross the bridges to this island in order to learn. This analogy is very complex, but for once in a long time at least I'm cognitively thinking about abstract ideas. Of course not every day we will be inspired, but hell at least a student brings their own ideas and knowledge into a class room where they get focused on and brought to the fore front, so when that student leaves the island or school they will be more prepared for the land off the safe island.




Until another opportunity surfaces...




Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment