Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crater High School 4/30/2012

Today I taught in Central Point. It was a very different experience yet similar. What the content was is something that all social studies teachers enjoy. the topic was Islam and its history. The lesson was planned excellently and was very knowledgeable. However, my biggest criticism is that there was no skill be taught. The students learn a new skill or how to do something new. The class was basically and informational lesson. Here is the information and you do what you want with it. There was little student lead activity or learning. The class was teacher lead and all the knowledge was given by the teacher and the class was very teacher centered. I thought it was a great example of direct instruction. I was impressed and pleased, although I would have done things much different. Great day and I even ran into students I knew from soccer. Its always better to have full day's subbing than half days. Until next time, Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment