Saturday, December 10, 2011

Central Medford High School 12/9/11

Just another half day. I'll take what I can get. My feelings about today were great. I would have liked to talk to the principal. The day was fun with lots of p.e. I like to be active and that can be hard in the classroom. I think teaching is a very impacting field. Teachers can change the world for the better. I'm happy with the choice to teach.

Not one issue arose. Neither fun or learning were comprimised today. The school is a very warm place where students and staff tend to get along and learn from one another. Alternative school is a very complicated institution. One purpose is to educate, but how does one do that when teachers can't decide between teaching to tests and developing life long learners.

Even the most respectful students have times where they act up. The goal is to lead these students closer to goal. They must make goals and really apply energy and effort to reaching it. There are some directed students and they are the leaders. Sometimes you throw up a shot and you pray it goes in. Teaching can be like that. Instruct students in a new idea or plan and you pray it takes heed.

Everybody at Central is kind and wants to be there. The atmosphere is a positive one. I think alll the students really know they have a second chance I know that, with the help of their peers they can succeed. "All are welcome who quest for knowledge"...great quote.

Effort, times 5 is what it takes for high school students need to be successfuk in this global competetive world. Every day I come to central I know that I must give it my best attempt, win, lose, or draw every day is a new challenge and a new battle. I hope to really make a difference in these young men and women's lives.

I loved it there, teaching english to seniors was a joy. I was able to get the oppurtunity to listen to many students senior project speech. It was an awesome experience.

Learning day in and day out,

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment