Friday, December 16, 2011

Griffin Creek Elementary 12/14/2011-12/16/2011


The last three days have been a roller coaster ride. I have had some great ups and some really tough lows. Each day has come with excitement enthusiasm, and a little nervousness. I feel as though teaching is my calling and now that I spend more time doing just that I know that I picked the right career.

Wednesday was the best day I have ever had at the elementary level. We got everything done and more. the kids laughed, learned and had fun. I felt like I was really reaching students and help them grow and learn more. The students finally accepted me as there teacher this week and it was a joy.

Thursday, what a day. An extremely tough challenge. The students were awesome, but I couldn't do what was planned and it was extremely difficult to get their attention. Teaching seems like there are those days that seem to go excellent and other days that don't seem to go that well. A challenge isn't always a bad thing and if you survive then its a wonderful story.

Friday, the big celebration. The highlight was a student named X (I won't disclose real names) He drew me picture after picture of great art. I wanted to cry at how sweet he was. A phenomenal young man. I really think he is one of the kindest kids I have encountered. The other highlight was dodge ball. I threw one ball that hit a kid in the ankle and he went sky high and landed on the floor. An awesome throw that will go down in the history books a griffin creek as a model shot for getting students out. It was a lot of fun!

I have learned so much and I couldn't be happier. I'm very glad to have been a part of the school for as long as I was and now all I need is a permanent position!

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment