Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Central Medford High School 1/24/12


A half day at Central Medford High. Great students and much of the class was productive. I felt that I made a couple of great contributions to a couple of students. Much of the students I teach I have very little time to interact and share wisdom with. However, I was given a chance today and I encouraged one student to pursue his goals and dreams. I might have made a great impact. The only real question now is will this student follow through. I want to succeed for him, but I can't do it. The student needs to walk through the door. I'm exited about much of these youngsters lives.

I feel as though much of the Central Medford High School policy is effective. Students come to class they work and are productive, they learn as much as they can. They strive for success and they get credit. They put in so many days of actual school work and they pass. Similar to North and South Medford. I would like all the students to show up and be there, but that is out of my control.

What did I learn today? Given an opportunity to instruct however, different and unconventional it is. Take it and go for the most profound message you can share. With that, you can only sit back and smile.

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment