Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Griffin Creek Elementary 3/20/2012


Third Grade
Total time: 8 hours

Another great day, however I was not expecting as much off behavior as there was today. The teacher was definitely right about how students begin to act different the closer they get to spring break. I’m going to give them the math assessment tomorrow or the next. I think they are ready and I’m hoping that the teacher won’t have to re-teach much if at all. Reading has been going great and many students will be taking the test early because they are leaving for vacation early. Tomorrow is art and I have a fun shape cut and paste assignment that a veteran teacher gave me. the principal is coming in to observe in the afternoon and I will be planning a special social studies activity.

I’m going to have four stations with a different food in each. The food will be specific to a region of the world. For example, New Zealand – Kiwi. In each station there will be an excerpt they will have to read and make observations, answer questions, and think about. I’m very excited and I’m hoping it will be successful.

I also made sure that I would not include any raisins or peanuts in the food.

Kiwis – New Zealand
Tofu – China
Starfruit / Mango – S. America
Couscous - Africa

Hope everything is great, the students mentioned Angus today. :)

Thanks,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment