Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Griffin Creek Elementary 3/21/2012


Third Grade
Total time: 8 hours

Today was the big day for the lesson I have planning called food through culture. The students were excited and so was I. We basically discussed how each region had different food for various reasons. One station was Africa where the Millet which is a drought resistant grain grows there. Its is specific to this region becuase there is not a lot of rain and thus they grow millet there. In China I had tofu which was a meat substitute for many buddhist who are against eating me. The tofu is rich in protein and tastes like meat. In New Zealand Kiwis are grown there and it is a very intersting place to grow consider the Kiwis were not started there orignally. The Kiwis are mass cultivated there for richer countries to enjoy. A bit of colonial history. In peru they cultivate Cacao which is very bitter and what many of us eat mixed with butter and sugar. This crop is more commonly called chocalate. The cacao was very valuable and traded for other crops and goods. A source of money or way to standardize the way things were wieghted in trades.

I learned today that all of the work I have done these last three weeks will not help me in improving my chances in gaining an elementary endorsement. However, whatever is not gained in one way is gained in experience. So thus, it will all work out.

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment