Thursday, March 8, 2012

Griffin Creek Elementary 3/8/2012


3/8/2012
Total time 8 hours

Today we started out very strong. The intro went well and number corner was great. I had the students pair up and they went around the room with a ruler and a piece of paper and measure objects in the room. Looking for the width and the length so they could find the perimeter and the area. Reading went well. We finished almost the entire packet and went over some phonics. I think the students are ready for the test. I’m crossing my fingers they all will do great. Read aloud has been awesome. Hank is keeping all of our interest. Math was ok, I think many students are still figuring out the symmetry. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow they will have mastered symmetry. Music was great! Lunch is always good. Social studies went well and journaling was great. I let the students go outside so they could journal. We shared and wrote in the sun. They all seemed to really enjoy it.

Many students are reluctant to do work and I really want to change that. I'm continually encouraging them and it can be very exhausting. I hope they can learn to be self-motivated soon.

Things that went well was the reading and socail studies. I hope there is science tomorrow because that was the best lesson we have had thus far. The group and partner work we did was a blast. The students like to talk and work together. The more partner work I give them the better they learn and develop their social skills. After all school is more than just cognitive growth. It is also social growth and also the learning needs to be focused on the students. Student centered is key to a successful classroom. I hope to see great learning and improvements while I'm here.

Until tomorrow,

Mr Belzberg

Until tomorrow,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment