Monday, February 6, 2012

Griffin Creek Elementary 2/6/2012

Teaching the youngest group thus far. 2nd grade, a very great group. The beginning of the day was all about reading. The subject of course was frogs. We learned all about frogs and what they ate. Some great stories were told about frogs and what type of knowledge the students had of them.

The next part of the day was P.E. the students were able to run around and play dodge ball. The lesson today was about playing fair and being honest. I think many students might have taken some heed to those lessons.

After P.E. it was off to lunch and a great pbj and an orange.

Next we watched a video on George Washington and Abe Lincoln. The stories were great and a very important topic of study due to presidents day coming up this month. I enjoyed the video perhaps more than the students.

Then it was off to recess, after they came back we did a math assessment, which was awesome. It was the quietest it had been all day and the principle walked in and was very pleased. My lucky day. After the assessment we played bingo and it was a bit wild. Other than that it went great.

Then off to recess again, the last part of the day was spent writing in their very own journals. The students like that and I can understand why. Before we all left the students did some buddy reading. You can never read enough...

A great day and I could still do so more and teach better. The more opportunities I get the more I will improve. I enjoy teaching, I really hope that I answer the same in 30 years.

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment