Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hedrick Middle School 2/14/12 and 2/15/2012

A great couple of days teaching. I realized that I had forgotten so much about singing and chorus. I loved singing in the chorus when I was there age and I see how much thwe students have in the periods I taught. The focal point while I was there was valen tunes and bonse aba. The two combined for a wonderful teaching experience. I was very pleased with how much respect I demanded towards the end with the elementary school students. The middle school was lead by a student teacher who didn't know much about classroom management. Not to sell him short. When I was doing my student teaching I was fairly bad as well.

The mini concert went ok, they didn't listen as well I wanted them too but truth be told if I was there age and I had the choice of listening to a sub sing and play guitar in which he was good at best I would have chosen the other choice which was talk to my neighbor. Its all good and in the end maybe forcing them to listen would have ended worse than a talking audience.

I liked teaching chorus but the truth is I would like to teach social studies. However, if they offered me a teaching job doing something I was unfamiliar with I would take the job. Still crossing my fingers for a full time position soon.

~~Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment