Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hedrick Middle School 2/16/2012

The unexpected day of teaching social studies. A surprise call at 6:30, the gig of subbing is always being prepared to teach any school day. I have found it challenging, but good days and bad days come randomly. Today was a half day which seems the school day is cut short.

Today the lesson was about learning about a Chinese invention. All sorts of topics like gun powder, paper, porcelean, and the abucus. Many other inventions I knew nothing about were studied. I helped one student make a lot of progress. Any time I can help a student achieve I'm following the path of success that was laid before me. I couldn't be more pleased with teaching. At other times I couldn't dislike it anymore. A challenge that needs a clear mind and an enthusiasm that must be brought or else the impact that could be made is diminished.

Farewell until tomorrow,

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment