Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hedrick Middle School 2/28/2012

Math, algebra!

I've always liked math and tend to enjoy it. We had a test today and it was very manageable. Only problem was is that the test only took 15 minutes. The rest of the class period was ssr and I wasn't able to really teach much.

Now I made the mistake of not taking on the last 30 minutes of class to do another actitvity. The time could have been spent learning and enjoying the sharing of knowledge. I should have tried to give some sort of math lesson. Hard to generate content with little prep. I wasn't able to pull something out and in the end the reading silently wasn't the worst outcome. Reading is great for some students while others love it.

Next time I will give my memory lesson or teach algorithims of math...

--Mr. Belzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment